Lamoureux Project 366

// - -

// 0 comments

//

March 3, 2012

Today I spent at Glen Lake Camp with the other youth leaders from our church! It was so fun and comforting to be back at Glen Lake, my home away from home. No matter how long it has been since I have made the trek it will always have a special place in my heart: It's where I grew my faith, it's where I accepted my call into full time ministry, it's where I have helped many youth grow in their faith and it is where I married the love of my life and we became a family! We did a bunch of group building activities outside...pretty much all day. It was a beautiful day with perfect weather. When the clouds covered the sun you needed a light jacket, but when the sun came out it was perfect without it! At the end of the day I led the group on a hike to the cross. It was a wonderful, adventurous hike and we all felt very accomplished when we finally did make it up. We ended the day taking communion together as a group and reflecting on the day. This picture is of me sitting on the cross like I used to do as a little kid. I really need to find those pictures. I couldn't stay to eat dinner with the rest of the crew because Hazel had refused to take a bottle for Jeff all day long and she needed her Mommy! It was nice to spend a day at GLC, but it was also nice to come home and be needed! Jeff has a lot more sympathy for me now that he knows what I do all day! I love him very much and thanked him for letting me have this day with the other youth leader!

Leave a Reply