Lamoureux Project 366

// - -

// 0 comments

// ,

February 25, 2012

Oh my goodness! Today was such a fun day! Jeff cooked bacon and eggs for late breakfast/lunch and my mom came down for the weekend!! We didn't actually DO much, like get out of the house, but Ian kept us all busy with his playing and what-not. I felt bad that we didn't do much, but I could tell my mom was just enjoying the grand-kids! My mom was so sweet and wonderful and let us go on a date! Yes, that's right....Jeff and I got to go on a date! This was WAAAAAAY overdue and needed! We have been at each other's throats and its because we have had no "us" time! That was quite an adventure! I only really feel comfortable leaving Hazel with my mom because she is soo young still. I left her a bottle, but Hazel refuses it (It's mommy or nothing!) Anyways, we had our hearts set on On the Boarder. So we get there and it is insanely crowded and the wait is like 40 min for two people. We get frustrated and leave. We travel all around the area trying to find somewhere to eat and realize that EVERYWHERE is busier than On the Boarder. So we head back hoping our name is still on the list and that we can get a table. We get back and we are the next ones on the list! Score one for Jeff and Katie!!  We happily enjoy our meal (and I enthusiastically enjoyed my first margarita in over a year!) take our time with our dessert and head home feeling refreshed and less stressed. We weren't even gone 3 hours, but it was one of the best dates Jeff and I have ever been on. When we got home it was straight back to reality....Hazel needed Mommy, but its ok! We love our kids! This picture was of us about to leave on our date. We never get pictures of us together, so we had to take advantage of the fact that  my mom was there!

Leave a Reply