Lamoureux Project 366

// - -

// 0 comments

// ,

February 16, 2012

Today was a really weird day...like one of the weirdest days ever. Hazel and I slept in until 10:30!! That means that Hazel slept for close to 10 hours! YES! I woke up in a little bit of a panic because I was afraid Ian was awake crying and had been for a while, but I heard nothing. He was still asleep! So Hazel and I started the day. I ate breakfast, Hazel and I played and talked on the bed, I watched Glee on the computer while she took a short nap. Ian was STILL sleeping!! He finally woke up at 2:30PM!! He must have been REALLY tired! I cannot believe he slept in that late! I was getting nervous, but he woke up and was just fine! After Jeff got home was when the real adventure started! We started to cook dinner: Jeff was going to cook steaks and I wanted to experiment with homemade potato chips. I found our Pro-Chopper and the slicing attachment. I was slicing red potatoes when it happened. This was the first time we had used our slicer so it is REALLY sharp! My thumb got too close to the blade and I sliced my thumb...and I mean REALLY sliced it. I sliced it potato chip style. Jeff was able to take the chunk of skin off the slicer. It was like a mini potato chip...made out of skin!! That put a pause on dinner. It bled...a lot...for a LONG time! It looked pretty bad and was still bleeding a lot. So Jeff called his dad (the expert in finger slicing) to come over and make sure we didn't need to take a trip to the ER. Both of Jeff's parents came over to see. While they were there, we decided to make the rest of the potato into chips. I wanted to slice the rest of the sweet potato to get over my fear, but it was making everyone nervous so Jeff took over. Next thing I know, Jeff had gone and sliced his middle finger with the slicer!! NO JOKE!! Since he was slicing the sweet potato, he was moving a lot slower so he was able to stop before the slicer took the skin all the way off. So his finger started bleeding and we had to bandage him up! Jeff said that he was glad his parents were there because no one would believe this story! (and we were running out of band-aids!!!) So Jeff's dad took a picture of us with our sliced fingers. Tonight proved we really are meant for each other!!

Leave a Reply