Lamoureux Project 366

// - -

// 0 comments

//

February 17, 2012

Today is Friday...my favorite day! Today was an unusual day because of the finger slicing the day before. If you missed that post, it is worth actually reading the post which you can find HERE! Anyways, I woke up and my thumb had bled through two band-aids and a napkin wrapped around it. I unwrapped it and luckily it had finally stopped bleeding (after 6+ hours!!) but REALLY hurt. Jeff and I thought it best to get it looked at just in case. So Hazel and I headed to the doctor around 11. Jeff's sister came over to watch Ian (because there was NO WAY I was going to be able to take both kids with me!) Here is how the conversation went:

Me: (explains what happens)
Doctor: (Examines thumb) Well, you didn't leave me anything to sew back on, did ya?!
Me: Nope, I sliced it good. I can't really feel my thumb up there.
Doctor: Yeah, the reason you can't feel it is because you have damaged the nerves.
Me: What?! So what can we do?
Doctor: There's nothing we can really do. Don't do that again, ok?

FUN trip to the doctor, but I'm glad I went because it was actually worse than what we thought. He told me what to do to prevent infection and to get it to heal the best. After we got back it was nap time for the kiddos and I had to get ready for tonight's Valentine's Redo dinner. This picture was taken during this time. Hazel is supposed to be asleep, but I thought the picture was cute with her smiling. This is another addition to my version of baby sleeping scenes. (minus the fact that she's awake) Tonight was the Valentine's Redo Dinner to support the youth going on mission trip at the church. It was a lot of fun, but really tiring. I wanted my picture for today to be one from the dinner, but I was so busy that I didn't have much time to take pictures.

Leave a Reply